Anyway, after the tot finished the juice, I asked the nanny to break out the coconut shell so I can eat the meat. But unfortunately, it was too tough for my liking. So I thought of saving it by making it into macaroons! Yeeehaaa! It's been a loooong while since I've had coconut macaroons. And it was my first time to try to make one today. :)
- 2 cups flaked coconut/desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 5 tbsp flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
|All lined up|
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Prepare pans by greasing them or line with cookie sheets.
- In a bowl, combine coconut meat, sugar and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs and vanilla in a separate bowl. Slowly add the flour. Fold in the coconut mixture.
- Mold into round teaspoonful onto the greased baking pans. Bake for about 20 minutes or until they turn brown. Cool on a wire rack.