We have some leftover mushrooms sitting on the fridge so I thought of making use of them for dinner last night. It's been a while since we had the Oriental Braised Pork and Shiitake Mushrooms and I was in the mood for a pork dish. :)
- 300 grams pork belly, cut up into 1-2 inch cubes
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 star anise
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup dark soy sauce
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 cups water
- 150 grams fresh shiitake mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 4-5 boiled eggs (optional)
- Place everything into a pot. Bring to slow boil.
- Check every now and then if the sauce dries up. Add more water if needed.
- Wait until the meat has become very tender and adjust the taste of the sauce for the last time.
- Top with boiled egg if preferred. Serve with hot rice. This goes well with Yang Zhou Fried Rice too! :)
|Let's dig in!|