Here's my recipe:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- cheese for topping
- Grease small cake, puto molds, or ramekins for use in a steamer.
- Mix the flour, sugar, and baking powder together in a bowl. In a separate, large bowl, scramble the eggs with the evaporated milk and water. Fold the dry mixture into the eggs until evenly blended. Fill the prepared molds 2/3 of the way up with the batter.
- Fill a wok or a sauce pan that will hold a steamer basket with a few inches of water. Bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat. Place the molds into a steamer basket and place over the boiling water and cover.
- Steam until a toothpick inserted in the center of one of the putos comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Remove from steamer and place the cheese on top just in time to make it melt a bit.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve warm or at room temperature.