Thursday 19 January 2012

Citrus Juice with Honey

With all the instant juices around, I have been meaning to make something natural for my little girl to drink. Since she loves to drink anything - from Yakult to juice to even water, I thought of making something easy but with a hint of mint.

Since I love lemon, I thought of combining it with orange and using honey as a sweetener.

Orange, Honey, Lemon and Mint leaves
Recipe:

4 Oranges
1 Lemon
1/2 cup Honey
Mint Leaves
1 L Water
Directions:
1. Squeeze oranges and lemon. Make sure the juices don't include the seeds. Mix with 1 cup water.
2. Add Honey. Adjust taste according to your liking.
3. Mix with the rest of the water in the pitcher. Add more honey if needed.
4. Put mint leaves and ice.

I love the citrus-y taste of the juice. You can actually add calamansi (Philippine lime) or lime if you like variation of citrus fruits. Enjoy this cooler on a sunny day!

1 comment: