Time to time, I can see people online raving about the meatballs of Ikea. Even if we ate several times at Ikea, I never felt the "meatball love" until today. :P I felt like I ordered too much (15pcs) but since the Husband was having fish, he will finish off my leftovers. Hahaha He's my official terminator, you know. :D
|Ikea meatballs with sauce, boiled potatoes and lingonberry jam|
|Cheese Baked Saithe with boiled potatoes and carrots|
Anyway, I was able to get a recipe for the meatballs with cream! :)
250 g minced beef
250 g minced pork
2-3 dl cream (or milk) and water
2 1/2 tbsp finely chopped onion
1/2 dl unsweetened rusk flour
2 boiled potatoes, cold
4-5 tbsp butter, margarine or oil
salt, white pepper (all spice)
1. Heat the butter and saute onion. Mash the potatoes and moisten the rush flour in a little water.
2. Mix all the other remaining ingredients into a smooth farce of the right consistency and season with salt, white pepper and finely crushed all spice.
3. Using a pair of spoon in rinsed water, shape the mixture into round balls and transfer them to a floured tray.
4. You can fry them in butter over low heat.
1 dl cream
2 dl water or beef stock
salt and white pepper to taste
1. Swirl out the pan with a couple of dl boiling water or stock.
2. Strain the pan juices and dilute with cream. Thicken with white flour if preferred.
3. Season with salt and white pepper according to your preference.
You can then serve the meatballs with this sauce together with the boiled potatoes, lingonberry jam and green salad.
I'd like to try this recipe next time I'm in the mood for meatballs. For those who want the meatballs at home but are too tired to make one, you can actually buy a pack or two at the food section of Ikea together with the lingonberry jam and sauce.
Nu äter köttbullar!