For our dinner the other night, we had this Chicken BBQ in Pita Bread. It wasn't fussy to prepare that's why I chose to do it myself.
- BBQ Sauce
- 200 grams chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 whole onion, caramelized
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5-6 pcs pita bread, rolled to become thinner
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt, brown sugar and ground pepper to taste
|See the difference in thickness?|
- Roll pita bread with a roller to become thinner. Heat rolled pita bread on pan or oven for about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Saute garlic, add chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add BBQ sauce. Adjust taste by adding salt, pepper and brown sugar.
- Assemble by putting chicken mixture on the middle of the flattened pita. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Serve with hot sauce.
|Chicken in BBQ sauce|
|Ready for dinner|