My sister actually gave me this recipe to try. Since it's the 16th of the month, my tot just turned 2 years and 5 months today and I want to celebrate it with the muffins I made. Hehe I know it's a pretty lame excuse. I want to make muffins. Period.
- 1 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 eggs, separated
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius. Grease muffin trays. Set aside.
- In a bowl, cream butter and 3/4 cup sugar. Add egg yolks. Mix in mashed bananas.
- Using another bowl, dissolve the baking soda into the buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients like flour and salt.
- Alternately add the dry ingredients and the buttermilk into the butter mixture. Add the chocolate chips.
- Whisk the egg whites together with 1/4 cup sugar. Do this until the egg whites reach stiff peaks.
- Carefully fold the egg whites into the banana batter. Make sure you fold it, and not mix or else you'll lose the essence of your stiff peaks. :)
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
|An indication that it has reached stiff peaks|