Happy Valentine's everyone! :) Since it's Valentine's, I wanted to prepare special meals all throughout the day. I'm not so sure if we will be going out tonight, though. :/ But anyway, for starters I made Potatoes Au Gratin. It's my first time to make this dish and I'm excited as to how it will turn out. I hope the whole gang would love it.
- 4 whole Russet Potatoes, washed and scrubbed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup mozzarella
- ground pepper and rosemary
- Prepare baking dish by greasing it up. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Clean and scrub potatoes. Slice them about 1/4" and cut into fourths.
- In a bowl, whisk milk, cream, flour, garlic powder, rosemary and pepper.
- With the greased up baking dish, arrange 1/2 of the potatoes at the bottom and pour about half of the mixture. Repeat until potatoes and cream mixture are both used up. Top with half of the cheddar cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and top with remaining cheese (mozzarella and cheddar) and bake for another 15 minutes or until potatoes turn brown and mixture is bubbly.