- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup sifted all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease 8" baking dish. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks, lemon juice, lemon zest and butter until it thickens. In another bowl, mix sugar, flour and salt.
- Alternately, add milk and the dry ingredients into the yolk mixture. Beat well every after addition of ingredients.
- In a bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Fold this into the mixture carefully.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Place a bigger pan with water inside the oven and set the baking dish here. Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
|Almost similar to a lemon bar|