Sunday 22 April 2012

Wine and Cheese Pairings

The husband and I have been planning to have a wine and cheese pairings night. Actually, it was just me who thought about it and when I told him, he said yes, let's have one. I'm not really a wine person. I just don't find it pleasurable to drink wine. Give me free flowing iced tea and I'm good.  Jologs. :P To be honest, I just thought of the pairings night because I wanted to eat a lot of cheese. I was probably a rat in my past life. And it seems that my tot has acquired my love for cheese, too! :D 

When I visited Carrefour, I saw some nice selection of cheese. And a few days before, I was able to read on Patty Laurel's blog about her favorite cheeses. I only remembered the Tomme part, but unfortunately I picked the wrong one.  It's supposed to be Tomme De Savoie! Oh well. But this one is good :) According to Wiki, Tomme des Pyrénées is a French rustic cheese, usually seen covered in a thin black skin.

Tomme Noire des Pyrenees
I saw this Camembert at a discount, of course I had to get one! :) According to Wiki, Camembert is a soft, creamy, surface-ripened cow's milk cheese. It was first made in the late 18th century in Normandy in northern France.
Discounted Camembert. Yay!!


Grapes, Quesadillas, crackers, batard slices, cheese clices

On the table with the wine
I added quesadillas since I think the husband won't feel full if we'll only have bread, crackers, cheese and grapes for dinner. :D Also, I didn't get any dried fruit because I felt they're too sinful (loaded with sugar) and they're crazy expensive here!

We had moscato wine paired with our cheeses because that's what my friend (who studied hospitality in AU) recommended.  Good thing the husband found a cheap one! :D I loved the moscato even if I'm not a wine fan. I think I had 4 glasses.  That explains why I feel a bit dizzy or having palpitations right now. Hihi

I look forward to more of these.  Because I want to eat more CHEESE!! :D

8 comments:

  1. i love to experience this. i love cheese but when i read patty's blog, OMG. ang dami palang cheese. hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michi, it's a nice experience to have at the comfort of your own home. :) No pressures like in a resto. hehe yes, andaming cheese, ang sarap!!

      Delete
  2. I love cheese! But I'm quite selective with cheese because it does things to my tummy. lol! But to be honest, I'm rather a wine person. lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you that you like wine! I'm so addicted to cheese. Hihi

      Delete
  3. oh I love cheese and wine pairings! Honestly, I don't know the kinds of cheese and wines but I tried this when I visited a friend in Sorsogon and fell in love with the combination :D Very nice idea to add fruits and quesadilla :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! :) in din ang quesadilla kasi may cheese pa din. haha

      Delete
  4. Tomme des Pyrénées looks delish! Yum!
    Cheers to more fancy wine & cheese pairings night for you and hubby! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to more of these "sophisticated" nights. haha

      Delete