|butter and brown sugar|
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 10 tbsp butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour + 1/4 cup cake flour *
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup unflavored yogurt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Grease 8" x 8" pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine butter and brown sugar. Add the eggs (I used 3 since I was making 1.5 of the recipe) and vanilla, mix thoroughly.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, and salt). Carefully add this into the butter mixture. Mix in the yogurt.
4. Fold in the mashed banana and chocolate chips slowly. Careful not to overbeat the mixture or else you'll end up with a tough cake! :)
5. To prepare the crumble, just throw everything into a bowl and combine them. It will turn out like this one below:
6. Assemble the cake but pouring the batter into the prepare pan and top with the crumble and add chopped walnuts if you like it crunchy :)
|Ready for baking|
7. Bake for about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle turns out clean.