Wednesday 4 April 2012

Seagull in the Sky Mountain Resort - Steakhouse and Coffee Shop

On the way back to Davao from Bukidnon, we stopped by Seagull in the Sky for a late lunch.  We got there past 1pm and luckily they were still open. 

The restaurant's specialty is steaks however we weren't in the mood for any meat indulgence.  It was raining hard so we wanted something warm and filling.

Must try dishes
Menu
My sister, who's forever on a diet, had this sandwich. According to her, the ham was not tasty enough and the egg was unrecognizable. It was not a standout but it was good for someone who was really hungry then :D
Ham & Egg with Cheese Php 90
The house specialty was the suman and tsokolate. I love the creaminess of the drink. The suman was also wonderfully complemented with pinipig (immature glutinous rice lightly toasted and pounded) and sesame seeds.

House Specialty - Suman and Tsokolate Php 60
My daughter loved the tinolang manok. As always, she's a fan of any decent tasting soup or noodles. As for me, it was just an average dish.

Tinolang Manok (Native) Php 170
I loved the battered chicken. Maybe because I missed having this kind of chicken. :D One concern though, one piece was half cooked. The meat inside was still pinkish instead of being white and I saw traces of blood. Urk. They were probably in a hurry to cook everything since we looked famished. Hehe

Battered Chicken (half order) Php 180
The pancit lomi was yummy. I liked how it was served warm and freshly cooked. The quantity of the ingredients were well-balanced, unlike those that you can only see noodles and veggies with the meat almost absent. Hehe

Pancit Lomi Php 120
All the budget meals were so-so. The pancit canton was a bit salty for my liking.

Budget meal - chicken Php 140

Budget meal - Bangus Php135

Budget meal - Porkchop Php 135
Kuya said the special turon was another specialty of the house. For me, it was just ok. I usually want the saba to be really really soft. It feels so perfect on the palate with the caramelized sugar and crunchy spring roll wrapper.
Special Turon Php 25

Davao Seagull Resorts
Reservations Office: +63.82.2985990
Door 2, Braveheart Bldg, McArthur Highway, Davao City
Fronting Matina Petron or old ABS-CBN Station
Mondays - Saturdays, 8AM - 5PM
Look for Ms. Leah Sancija
Multiply page: http://seagullresorts.multiply.com/
Email: davaoseagullresortsinc@gmail.com
Facebook page: Davao Seagull Resorts

4 comments:

  1. I'll make sure to reach if I go to Davao. I like the feel of the place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's so cozy. On the other side of the restaurant is a cafe that serves merienda and short orders, perfect place to chill out!

      Delete
  2. Will keep this in mind when T and I go to Davao :)

    www.joeiandme.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suman with pinipig and sesame seeds? looks yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete