Sunday 29 April 2012

Meatloaf Dinner

For a healthy option for dinner or packed lunch, one can make this meatloaf a day ahead to have one day less to worry during the work week. 

chopped fresh button mushrooms
cubed red bell peppers

an egg

250 grams of lean meat (chicken or pork)

mixing everything

Ingredients:

  • 250 grams ground pork
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 medium sized bell pepper, cubed
  • 1 cup fresh button mushrooms, chopped
  • 1 medium carrot, shredded
  • 1 onion, chopped (omitted)
  • 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
  • rosemary, thyme and parsley
  • garlic powder
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tbsp mustard

Directions:

  1. In a bowl, mix ground pork, bell peppers, mushrooms, onions (optional), eggs, bread crumbs and shredded carrots. Season with garlic powder, mustard, salt and pepper. Optional seasoning with rosemary, thyme and parsley.
  2. Separate the mixture into two equal parts. Form each into a roll and cover with foil.
  3. Steam for 45 minutes. Let it cool for 15-20 minutes. Cut into 1" slices. 
  4. Pan fry each side for about 8 minutes or until it turns brown. Serve with rice or mashed potato.


For dinner or lunch bag

11 comments:

  1. This looks yummy , tin ! The recipe's easy and simple enough to whip up if you're pressed for time :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm kinda interested to make this recipe. Thanks for sharing this. It's very easy to make. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, and yes, it's easy to make :)

      Delete
  3. thanks for sharing the recipe sis ^_^ I'm no cook but this looks like something I can handle myself ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I have never actually made meatloaf before, but I am a seasoned meatloaf taster and I would gobble all that up in a second :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks oh-so-yummy! :D Thanks for sharing this recipe sis! I'd love to make a meatloaf soon for my mom and sis. I'm sure they'd love this! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meatloaf is such a nice comfort food. Easy to do and tasty. I always have some in my freezer. On days, I am lazy to cook, I will just have meatloaf sandwich:D Yours version looks very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't eat meatloaf but this looks good:)


    www.joeiandme.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for sharing this! looks yummy =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Yum! These meat loaf looks so appetizing! Love this recipe & will bookmark it! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete