I got this recipe online, My Baking Addiction. According to the site, this is "Fudgy, Chewy, Cakey Brownies from “The Perfect Recipe” by Pamela Anderson".
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 4 oz bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
- 10 tbsp (1 stick plus 2 tbsp) butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- optional: 3/4 cup toasted walnuts, pecans, macadamia nuts, peanuts
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Grease a 8"x8" baking pan and set aside. You can opt to place foil or parchment paper to line the pan. Make sure to grease the insides as well.
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a shallow mixing bowl, melt chocolates and butter over a pan of simmering water. Once fully melted and combined, remove from heat; whisk in sugar and vanilla. Add in eggs, one at a time, fully incorporating each one before adding the next.
- Continue to whisk until mixture is completely smooth and glossy. Add dry ingredients, mix until well combined incorporated. Add in the nuts, if you're adding them.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in center comes out with wet crumbs, this will take about 35-45 minutes. Note: If you wait until toothpick inserted comes out clean, they’re overcooked. You want fudgy crumbs.
- Cool brownies in pan on a wire rack for five minutes. Cut them up into squares. Can do 16 or 20 squares.