- 1 pack of no-cook lasagna sheets
- 250 g ground beef
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 big can of tomato sauce
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water/dry red wine/stock
- 2 Tbsp white sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
For bechamel sauce:
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 5 Tbsp flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
|Oohhh layers of goodness!|
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Saute onion and garlic then add the beef once the onions are tender. Cook over medium-high heat until browned. Drain half the oil.. Add olives, tomato sauce and tomato paste. Season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Simmer for 10 minutes then add the stock.
2. Using a sauce pan, melt the butter then add the flour. Mix in the milk and stir continuously until there are no lumps. Add the cheese and let it melt. Remove from heat after 3 minutes.
3. To assemble: Arrange 4 cooked lasagna noodles in the bottom of a baking pan, overlapping if necessary. Spoon 1/4 of the meat sauce over the noodles. Pour 1/4 of the bechamel sauce and top with 1/4 of the feta cheese. Repeat, ending with bechamel and a bit of feta cheese on top. Sprinkle with extra parmesan cheese.
4. Bake for 20-30 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. Cut and serve with focaccia bread.