|Warm biscuits with jam|
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp white sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cottage cheese
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 egg + 2 Tbsp milk for eggwash
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and sugar. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
3. Gradually stir in milk until dough pulls away from the side of the bowl.
4. Turn out onto a floured surface, and knead lightly. Pat or roll dough out to 1 inch thick. Cut biscuits with a large cutter or juice glass dipped in flour. You can also drop the biscuits for a more rustic feel.
5. Repeat until all dough is used. Brush off the excess flour, and place biscuits onto an ungreased baking sheet.
6. Brush with egg wash and bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges begin to brown.