- 4 chicken legs and thighs (preferred) or 4 chicken breasts (boneless and skinless)
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 stalks lemongrass, chopped
- 6 shallots, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 4 tsp of kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce)
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- Bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 2 hours to avoid burning (optional)
1. Cut the chicken meat into small cubes. The recipe suggests to grind the spices in a food processor to create a paste however I just mixed everything. You can also pound it if you have mortar and pestle.
2. Marinate the chicken pieces with the spice paste for 10-12 hours.
3. Thread the meat onto the bamboo skewers and grill for 2-3 minutes on each side. Serve hot with the fresh cucumber pieces and onions.
|After 8 hours of marination|
|Grilled to perfection|