- 2 cups mixed berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries or blackberries)
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup honey (depends on your liking)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 1 tbsp water
- Prepare the strawberries by checking everything from the container. Make sure there are no bruises or spoiled ones. Slice the top off and remove any small bruises. Slice them diagonally.
- Wash the blueberries thoroughly and set aside together with the strawberries.
- In a non stick skillet, combine the juices with honey and vanilla. Let it simmer for about 3 minutes then add the berries. Cook for about 2 minutes or until it softens.
- Gently mix in the cornstarch mixture into the pan. Simmer the compote for 2 minutes or until thickened and glossy.
- Remove from heat and serve warm.
|Serve warm with french toast or a waffle|