Thursday 8 March 2012

Mixte Compote de Baies (Mixed Berries Compote)

I have blueberries and strawberries sitting in the fridge so I thought of using them for dessert or to compote. To be honest, I have several ideas on how to use them but I'm so confused. I had to makeup my mind or else I'll go crazy before this day ends. hehe!

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups mixed berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries or blackberries)
  • 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup honey (depends on your liking)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 1 tbsp water
Directions:
  1. Prepare the strawberries by checking everything from the container. Make sure there are no bruises or spoiled ones. Slice the top off and remove any small bruises. Slice them diagonally.
  2. Wash the blueberries thoroughly and set aside together with the strawberries.
  3. In a non stick skillet, combine the juices with honey and vanilla. Let it simmer for about 3 minutes then add the berries. Cook for about 2 minutes or until it softens.
  4. Gently mix in the cornstarch mixture into the pan. Simmer the compote for 2 minutes or until thickened and glossy.
  5. Remove from heat and serve warm.
Mixed berries
Serve warm with french toast or a waffle

3 comments:

  1. Make a smoothie ! Muffins ! But that compote sure looks good !;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love that on my waffles!!!! Yum!

    xoxo,,
    http://carmiscaprice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete