Wednesday 21 March 2012

Chocolate Lava Cake

 Old Gold Dark Chocolate by Cadbury
A cousin of mine was coming for dinner. So I thought of making a fancy dessert, not just because he's coming but because I have been wanting to make Chocolate Lava Cakes for over a month already. :) The dark chocolate in the fridge is already half eaten -- not by me.  Anyway, I hope this will be a good guide for those who want to try this lavish chocolate treat.

Ingredients:
  • 5 tbsp butter, softened
  • 3.5 oz (100 grams) dark chocolate (I used Old Gold by Cadbury)
  • 2 eggs 
  • 1 egg yolk 
  • 3 tbsp sugar 
  • 3 tbsp all purpose flour 
  • 2 tsp cocoa powder + more for dusting
  • powdered sugar as needed 
Preparation:
  1. Melt the butter and chocolate together over a double-boiler to avoid burning. Stir to combine. Once completely melted and mixed together, remove from heat. Set aside.
  2. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until the sugar is dissolved. The mixture will be light yellow in color. 
  3. Carefully, combine the warm chocolate into the egg mixture and whisk until combined. Sift in the flour and cocoa. Use a spatula to fold until combined. Spoon into 4 greased medium-sized ramekins.  Tap them to remove any bubbles. Put in the fridge for about 30 minutes. 
  4. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Place ramekins in a baking dish and add water until it is halfway up the sides. Bake between 12-15 minutes.
  5. Once done, remove from oven and let cool for about 20 minutes. Flip the ramekins over on your serving plate and wait for the cake to come off.
  6. Dust with powdered sugar and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Garnish with berries, mint leaves or cocoa powder. The cakes can be turn out, or served in the ramekins.


Melt the chocolate over a double broiler

Whisking the eggs

Before bakin'

Just came off the ramekins

I know you want me.

Yields: 4 medium sized lava cakes

2 comments:

  1. I want one ! I have this easy lava cake recipe that I want to try , all I need are some ramekins ! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha bakal na to! i'm sure barato lang na da. damo pako baklon di kay barato. ahehe

    ReplyDelete