|Old Gold Dark Chocolate by Cadbury|
A cousin of mine was coming for dinner. So I thought of making a fancy dessert, not just because he's coming but because I have been wanting to make Chocolate Lava Cakes for over a month already. :) The dark chocolate in the fridge is already half eaten -- not by me. Anyway, I hope this will be a good guide for those who want to try this lavish chocolate treat.
- 5 tbsp butter, softened
- 3.5 oz (100 grams) dark chocolate (I used Old Gold by Cadbury)
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cocoa powder + more for dusting
- powdered sugar as needed
- Melt the butter and chocolate together over a double-boiler to avoid burning. Stir to combine. Once completely melted and mixed together, remove from heat. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until the sugar is dissolved. The mixture will be light yellow in color.
- Carefully, combine the warm chocolate into the egg mixture and whisk until combined. Sift in the flour and cocoa. Use a spatula to fold until combined. Spoon into 4 greased medium-sized ramekins. Tap them to remove any bubbles. Put in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Place ramekins in a baking dish and add water until it is halfway up the sides. Bake between 12-15 minutes.
- Once done, remove from oven and let cool for about 20 minutes. Flip the ramekins over on your serving plate and wait for the cake to come off.
- Dust with powdered sugar and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Garnish with berries, mint leaves or cocoa powder. The cakes can be turn out, or served in the ramekins.
|Melt the chocolate over a double broiler|
|Whisking the eggs|
|Just came off the ramekins|
|I know you want me.|
Yields: 4 medium sized lava cakes