- 1 1/2 cups wheat flour (can use all-purpose flour)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup mixed berries compote (can use fresh berries)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Grease muffin cups. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first four dry ingredients.
- Using the 1 cup measuring cup, pour the vegetable oil. Add the egg and fill it with milk until it reaches the rim of the cup.
- Mix the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients. Fold in the compote carefully. Spoon the mixture into the lined muffin cups.
- To make the topping, mix all the crumble ingredients in a bowl until it becomes coarse. Sprinkle over muffins before baking. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
|Before going to the oven|