What is your staple breading for your fish or chicken fillets? Mine is simple. I don't use the store-bought ones because I want to do it from scratch. I guess I learned from reading online and spending more time in the kitchen nowadays that it's healthier to use homemade stuff. Well, almost everything, that is. :)
- garlic powder
- egg + 3 Tbsp milk
- Japanese breadcrumbs
- Season your fish with salt and pepper.
- Mix all the dry ingredients for the breading in a bowl.
- Beat egg and combine with milk.
- Dredge your fish into the flour breading mixture. Dip in egg and coat with the Japanese breadcrumbs.
- Fry in canola oil until golden brown. Line the plate with paper towel.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges.