I have been craving for cookies since last week. So I thought of making one. Browsed some blogs, then played games in Facebook (sheeesh, I know!) :P then decided to be a good girl and bake some cookies. Never thought this would turn out really the melts-in-your-mouth kind of cookies!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar, sifted (I used a little less than 1/2 cup)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- store bought berry jam
2. In the bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla for about 2 minutes. Beat in flour until a dough forms – it won’t be sticky.
3. Roll dough by teaspoonfuls into balls, and place 2.5cm (1in) apart onto prepared sheets. Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven, and press something round into tops of cookies to make indentations.
4. Return to oven, and bake until light brown on the edges, 7 to 9 minutes more. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
5. Once cooled, fill them with your choice of topping.