I can remember my childhood days when my Nanay bakes bread pudding and my sister and I would eagerly wait for it to come out of the oven. It's my earliest memory of baking with my Nanay and my manang.
Last week, I had several slices of bread in the fridge that I wasn't too keen on eating, neither is my little girl. So I thought of making it into a bread pudding with blueberries!
- 4 slices day-old bread
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup blueberries (optional)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Cut up your bread into 1 inch pieces. Arrange in your gratin dishes. Sprinkle the blueberries around them. Preheat oven at 170 degrees Celsius.
2. In a bowl, mix milk, well-beaten egg, and honey. Add vanilla.
3. Pour the egg mixture into the bread pieces. Allow the bread to soak the liquid.
4. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the bread turns brown and all the liquid has been absorbed.