Wednesday 25 January 2012

Lemon Fusilli with Arugula

The Husband usually doesn't like cream-based pasta. He like the ones with olive oil based sauce or pomodoro. As for me, I like anything for pasta as long as it doesn't have anchovies or too much onion :) So I went to the grocery and bought what I needed. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find arugula. I got the baby spinach instead. Starting now, I will be posting my own recipes since Google doesn't like it if you just copy recipes online. Boo. Moving forward, the recipes that you will see are my own versions of those recipes online I use as guides.

Ingredients:
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 200 grams scrap ham
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 2 lemons, squeezed
  • 300 grams fusilli pasta, cooked as instructed
  • 200 grams baby arugula or spinach
  • 250 grams baby tomatoes, roasted
  • 2/3 cup freshly grated American, Monterey Jack or Mozzarella cheese
  • sea salt
  • black pepper
Directions:
  1. In a saucepan, heat olive oil. Saute garlic and add ham. Mix in cream and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Let it simmer for about 20 minutes then lower the heat until the sauce thickens.
  2. Add the cooked pasta into the cream sauce and let it stand for about 5 minutes until all pasta have been mixed well with the sauce.
  3. Pour pasta onto serving dish. Top with greens, roasted tomatoes and top with cheese.
  4. Serve with extra lemon wedges and parmesan cheese.

Sweet, tangy and oh so yummy!
The Husband approved of the pasta this time!  Maybe because it has veggies to make up for the cream sauce. Haha By the way, I made oven roasted tomatoes to make it more appetizing.

Just a quick tip when reheating leftover pasta: before popping it into the oven, make sure to cover it or else you'll end up with a hardened pasta.

Recipe guide: Ina Garten's Recipe

3 comments:

  1. Woot !!! This looks great , tin ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubby loves Pasta and Arugula. I might try this recipe some time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tita Lis, thanks. hehe

    Bechay, try it. :) At first I thought it was weird to put lemon in my cream sauce but when I tried it, it was so good! I love the tanginess :D

    ReplyDelete