- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 egg whites (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Prepare baking sheets by greasing them.
2. In a bowl, mix the softened butter with the sugar. Add the egg whites carefully.
3. While mixing, add the salt and vanilla.
4. Lastly, fold in the flour. Pour the mixture into the piping bag.
Since I don't have a pastry bag, I used a plastic and cut off one edge where I inserted the piping tip. It wasn't as sturdy as a piping bag but it was good enough.
I tried doing just one go and see how it will turn out.
This was the result:
So I tried removing the tip and doubling it:
It was a bit thicker and I loved how it turned out:
I guess I need more practice. I want it to look smooth like the ones you can see being sold commercially. We just moved and it might take me a week before I can post another entry here. Wish me luck!