Thursday 18 April 2013

Sawadee!

It was a scorching hot afternoon when we stepped out of the church one Sunday. Then came the always inevitable question, "what do you feel like eating today?" asked the husband. I didn't know what I wanted to have so I let him decide.

Then the husband said we'll go for the Thai soft shelled crab. He kept his promise and I had the most flavorful Poo Phat Pong Kari in my entire life. Okay, okay. It was just my first time. :P But it was really unforgettable! The crab was cooked to perfection, just enough tenderness and crisp. It was then complemented with a spicy and rich curry that a cup of rice is not enough!

Poo Phat Pong Kari
The husband had the Tom Yum Soup. If you know him personally, you would know that this isn't going to be enough to fill his tummy. But I guess he knows better, because I cannot finish the soft shell crab by myself and he ends up eating half of it. It always happens!
Tom Yum Soup (seafood)
At last but not the least was the dessert - Coconut Paradise. The name didn't really stand out in the menu. But I wanted to try it just because of the coconut ice cream. When the server came with it, I was really curious because of the presentation. I actually don't know how to eat it but we just basically ate a spoonful of each and it was a burst of flavor in the mouth. The luscious coconut ice cream, the sweetness of the the sugar palm and papaya cubes with the sticky glutinous balls showered with the salty peanuts. Just glorious!

Coconut Paradise
Two things were stuck in my mind. The soft shell crab and the coconut ice cream. I want to make Thai dessert at home! Now, I have to go and look for coconut ice cream.


Thai Express
Tampines One
110 Tampines Central 1
#04-09 & #05-08 Tampines1
Singapore 529536
Tel: +65-6786 0998

Operating Hours:
Daily: 11.30am to 10.30pm
Last order at 10pm

12 comments:

  1. I can't remember yung taste ng Thai food, nung sumakay lang kasi ko sa Thai Airways nakatikim. more than a decade na. hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naku Michi, super sarap! try mo yung Dek A, it's whole in the wall Thai place. Meron sa Vito Cruz ext and sa may Rockwell banda. Meron pa isa sa may Rockwell din, yung Som's. :)

      Delete
  2. Sige bisita din ako dyan:) kagutom:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard all good stuffs about Thai food, And I love Pad Thai..yum! I should explore more thai cuisine:) your food look delish! I agree with Joy, nakakagutom:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where's that yummy coconut ice cream that you've posted in fb ? .... That Thai soft shell crab looks scrumptious ! I bet it's quiet popular dish in that shop :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't had Thai food in a while. That looks really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks good. Shall try it out someday!

    www.wakaenino-waka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow... seafood... it's mah faverite!!! :P

    http://officiallygirlyfied.blogspot.com/2013/04/event-sm-city-baguio-3-day-sale-may-345.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. The coconut paradise looks appealing to me too! I'm quite adventurous when it comes to deserts and I would probably ask them how it's eaten too :)

    ReplyDelete