Thanks to Pinterest, my love for food has reached greater heights. Hee hee How can you not fall in love with those photos taken so artistically that will make you salivate just by looking at 'em?!
It was a few months back when I stumbled upon making these crispy wontons in Pinterest. I never thought they could be this yummy without having to be deep fried! And there were a loooot of variations in using them - from appetizers to the usual Asian delights to desserts. Just wonderful!
Since the husband and I couldn't finish the Spinach Artichoke Dip, I thought of using it as a filling for my crispy wontons as appetizers. And they didn't disappoint at all!
- Wonton wrappers (the big ones to cover the whole muffin tin, if not, you can use 2 sheets which I did)
- Spinach artichoke dip
- Sausage (optional)
- Garlic & onion for sauteing
- Olive oil
- Mushrooms (optional)
- Sundried tomatoes (optional)
- 1/3 cup milk
- Cooking spray or oil and brush
1. Grease your muffin tin and arrange the wonton wrappers to create a cup. Bake for about 10-15 minutes at 150 degrees Celsius or until they turn brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
2. In a saucepan, saute garlic and onion in olive oil. Add mushrooms and tomatoes. Add milk and the dip. Cook until mixture becomes thick. Remove from heat.
3. Spoon the mixture into the cooked wonton cups. Bake for another 15 minutes or until they become bubbly.
4. Let cool for about 10 minutes and serve.