Sunday 11 March 2012

Chewy Choco Chip Cookies

Yummy in the tummy
Forgive me for the huge photo above, but I just can't help it. They're tempting, right? I tried scouring recipes online for the perfect chocolate chip cookie - soft, chewy and simply divine. :) I'm actually in cookie heaven right now. Hihi I modified the original recipe I got since I only have wheat and cake flour as of the moment. When I found out that I can actually use cake flour for the cookies, I looked up for the substitute measurement since it's lighter than apf. It says to add 2 tbsp more if using cake flour instead of apf. And also, I used brown sugar rather than brown and white. Again, I ran out of white sugar. :D Anyway, here's the recipe. I hope you can try it and share how yours turned out.


Ingredients:
  • 2 cups + 4 tbsp cake flour (can use 2 cups all-purpose flour)
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3/4 cup salted butter, softened
  • 1 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp vanilla extract
  • 1 egg + 1 yolk
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Directions:

cake flour

  1. Preheat the oven to 165 degrees C. Grease cookie sheets and set aside.
  2. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Then set aside.
  3. In another bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until thoroughly combined. 
  4. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop a tablespoon of the cookie dough on the  greased cookie sheets. Make sure to have at least 2 inches apart for each cookie.
  5. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. 
  6. Cool for a few minutes before moving the cookies onto wire racks.
Yields - 2 dozen of calamity causing cookies :D
one egg plus one yolk

the cookie dough
all lined-up

3 comments:

  1. Hey ! I love it huge ! hahaha It looks really really good ! Lock the cookie jar ! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my.. these darlings look ah-mazing! Too bad we don't have an oven at home. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mrs. A :) They really are amazing. amazing din sa thighs at tiyan. haha

      Delete