Tuesday 5 March 2013

Crispy Fish Fillet

What is your staple breading for your fish or chicken fillets? Mine is simple. I don't use the store-bought ones because I want to do it from scratch. I guess I learned from reading online and spending more time in the kitchen nowadays that it's healthier to use homemade stuff. Well, almost everything, that is. :)

Ingredients:
  • flour
  • garlic powder
  • paprika
  • salt
  • pepper
  • egg + 3 Tbsp milk
  • Japanese breadcrumbs
Directions:
  1. Season your fish with salt and pepper. 
  2. Mix all the dry ingredients for the breading in a bowl.
  3. Beat egg and combine with milk.
  4. Dredge your fish into the flour breading mixture. Dip in egg and coat with the Japanese breadcrumbs.
  5. Fry in canola oil until golden brown. Line the plate with paper towel.
  6. Serve hot with lemon wedges.









8 comments:

  1. Mukhang crispy talaga. I will try your recipe next time, as of now I'm using crispy fry. hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seldom cook fish fillets, but I always use Japanese breadcrumbs in cooking nuggets, meatballs, etc. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tin , nice kon panko ang e use 'no ? So much better than using kinihad :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that's why I'm loyal to panko na hehe

      Delete
  4. I used to follow the FEB (Flour, Egg, Breadcrumbs) method before when cooking fish fillet. Next time na maisipan namin, I'll try to incorporate the ingredients you mentioned (garlic powder, paprika and milk). :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What are Japanese breadcrumbs? What makes it stand out from the usual breadcrumbs that we use when we cook? :)


    www.joeiandme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joei, cccording to ochef.com:

      They are made from Japanese wheat bread, which is slowly dried and then shredded into crispy flakes. Because they are crispy to start with, they stay crisp longer, but if you are too casual in your treatment of them, they can turn out as soggy as any other bread crumbs. Their natural state is unflavored, but they are available in wacky flavors, too, including southwest, garlic, mustard, honey, and "Italian style" (which makes us weep). :)

      Delete
  6. Fish fillet, I love! I will never be tired of eating this. Kahit galing fridge masarap. Happy weekend! ♥

    ReplyDelete